- Born: July 31, 1935 in San Francisco, California;
- Died: February 27, 2022 in San Francisco, California;
- Education: University of California, Berkeley (Bachelor of Science/Master of Business Administration);
- Sutro & Company, broker, then partner (1958-1975)
- Blum Capital, founder (1975-his death);
- Mayor George Moscone’s Fiscal Advisory Committee (1976-1978);
- American Himalayan Foundation, founder (1981);
- Newbridge Capital, co-founder (1994);
- The Carter Center’s Board of Trustees, member (2001-his death);
- Regents of the University of California, regent (first twelve-year term: 2002-2014/second twelve-year term: 2014-his death);
- Blum Center for Developing Economies, founder (2006).
Blum, Richard (2006). Himalaya: Personal Stories of Grandeur, Challenge, and Hope.
Blum, Richard (2016). An Accident of Geography: Compassion, innovation, and the fight against poverty.
Source: Regents of the University of California